New published book of old Tynemouth (November 2021)

Click here for details

The Record Group was formed in 1948 with the objective of staging an Exhibition recording the history of the Borough of Tynemouth for its centenary in 1949. By the time of the Centenary, the group had amassed a total of about 350 prints. From this an Exhibition of 60 prints was hung in the hall of the Memorial Methodist Church.

The group has continued until today and now has more than 2,000 prints which are also on digital file. Exhibitions are held on an annual basis in the Society's club rooms.

In order to protect the copyright of the many members and others who have provided prints, it is regretted that copies of the images cannot be supplied.

TPS 386 - Fish Quay

TPS 449 Steam hauled tramcar

TPS 462 Low Lights

TPS 469 Cullercoats Bay

TPS 500A Old Post Office

TPS 513 Trinity Buildings

TPS 534 Lifeboat station in ice

TPS 543 Wooden Dolly 3

TPS 546 Howard Street

TPS 548 Wellesley

TPS 569 Bus Company's office and shelter

TPS 632 Longsands

Company boat leaving Fish Quay landing stage

Cullercoats fisherlasses

Flooding at foot of Tanners Bank (1900)

Holy Saviour Church with spire

Lifeboat, Forester, launching from Spanish Battery

Longsands, about 1900

Meadow Well Farm

Net mending, Fish Quay

Post Office Stairs

St Mary's Lighthouse under construction

Tomaselli's ice cream cart

Tynemouth boating lake